Using Body Language
This workshop will be useful for anyone working, or leading in customer environments or facing the general public.
The short session will help you to be, (and feel) more prepared the next time you are faced with unpredictable, aggressive outbursts, inappropriate language/comments, and unacceptable behaviour from customers, clients and those you deal with daily.
In recent times these behaviours appear to have been exacerbated in retail and customer facing environments, becoming more common place.
You will learn conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques:
1. Recognizing the early warning signs so that you can take preventative measures sooner and before it escalates.
2. Keeping yourself safe physically, and mentally by proper use of proxemics (space), hand signals, directional body language, tone, and set up of the customer interaction/experience within the business.
3. Slowing down intense emotional reactivity in yourself (breathing, tone, pitch and speed of speech, words to avoid). Owning your own communication pre-conditions and understanding how that might help or hinder your personal encode (what body language you send out to people).
4. Slowing down intense emotional reactivity in others (venting length, tone and speed of speech, spacing/proxemics/different zones, reflective listening and affirmations, the when, who and how of saying sorry).
5. What to do after it’s all over, reflection, de-brief.
Presenter: Stephanie Holloway, Elemental Potential
Stephanie is an ANZCAL accredited Breakthrough and Abundance Coach at Master Level. A Body Language Coach at Expert Level, and a Communication Coach with over 10 years of experience, working with over 10,000 individuals.