Training for Health and Safety Reps Stage 1
This two-day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative.
You’ll learn about:
• How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
• Understand health and safety legal requirements
• Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
• Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
• The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
So you can:
• Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
• Understand worker engagement and participation
• Use good faith practices
• Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
• Employ effective risk and hazard management
• Promote workplace health and safety culture
• The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
• Greater worker engagement and participation
• A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
Who is this course for?
• Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
Helen’s background in human resources and adult teaching, combined with 15 years specialising in health and safety makes her a presenter in high demand. Delivering occupational Health and Safety through in-house training, and designing and implementing Health and Safety Management Systems, Helen currently works with a number of national organisations. Helen can design and implement effective health and safety systems and training to meet the needs of any organisation.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.