Train the Trainer
This half-day course is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively train adults. You will gain insights into understanding various personality types and their learning styles, creating positive learning environments and much more.
- Understanding Adult Learning: Gain a deep understanding of how adults learn and the different learning styles. Learn to tailor your training approach to meet diverse learning needs.
- Building Rapport: Learn techniques to quickly build comfortable rapport with participants, ensuring their engagement and buy-in from the beginning of the training session.
- Delivering Content: Master the art of delivering content in a logical, simple and brain-friendly fashion. Learn to break down complex information into easily digestible parts.
- Creating Optimal Learning Environment: Understand how to orchestrate the optimum environment for your training to ensure maximum participant engagement and learning.
- Engaging the Audience: Discover multi-faceted, ingenious ways to engage the audience and facilitate learning. This includes interactive activities, group discussions and real-life examples.
- Using Audio and Visual Aids: Learn how to effectively use and combine audio and visual aids to engage more senses, enhancing the learning experience.
- Delivering ‘Dry’ Material: Develop skills to choose creative and stimulating delivery formats for ‘dry’ or complex material, making it interesting and easier to understand.
- Planning and Designing Training Programmes: Learn how to plan and design a seamless, comprehensive training programme that will have a lasting impact on participants. This includes setting learning objectives, developing a training plan and evaluating training effectiveness.
Who should attend:
This workshop is ideal for team leaders, supervisors, managers or any worker chosen to be an internal trainer. If you have valuable knowledge and skills to pass on to others, this workshop will help you do so effectively.
After attending this workshop, you will be better equipped to deliver effective training, leading to increased productivity and morale in your team. Your confidence as a trainer will also be enhanced.
Health and Safety Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
Helen has extensive health and safety experience, including over 20 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house experience within both the public and private sector.
Helen is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, staff inductions and on-call support.
With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.