Train the Trainer September
This course focuses on developing the skills of those responsible for training within your organisation.
Whether it's skills, procedural or occupational training, inductions or health and safety this course will enable you to deliver engaging, compelling and meaningful training that will ensure it is applied back on the job!
Being a good trainer is a skill that can be learned. Having skilled staff and motivated staff means a better quality job, less rework with the end results being greater profits. To achieve this a business needs a good training programme and trainers who are not only skilled in their area but also are able to pass this onto others.
The training will cover the Lean Manufacturing approach called “Training within industry”. This method has a simple aim of getting staff to quickly remember how to do a job;
• safely, and
Upon completion, participants will be better prepared to:
• Build comfortable rapport with participants and getting buy in from the beginning
• Use adult learning principles
• Deliver content logically and simply in a brain friendly fashion
• Match training to learning styles
• Present the content effectively
• Plan, prepare and structure a workplace training session
• Writing “job instruction breakdown sheets” (JIBS)
• Provide training in a structured and measurable way
• Communicate in a way that improves learning outcomes
• Demonstrate empathy and understanding by the use of questioning, listening and participative learning methods
• Understand ways of checking that learning has occurred and competencies gained
Who should attend?
Anyone who delivers one to one and small group training sessions. This workshop is ideal for people who are new to training or what to improve the effectiveness of their on-job training.
Presenter: Malcolm Eadie
Malcolm has extensive business experience having managed three businesses for other people and two of his own. His current business, Progressive Solutionz.biz, assists local companies with strategic planning, staff training, implementing safety systems and effective marketing. He is a mentor with Business Mentors NZ and an approved training provider with NZ Trade and Enterprise.