Supervisory Skills & Managing Staff
2 Day Course: Tuesday 18 July & Tuesday 25 July
This training will provide a sound grounding in the skills to manage the work team, and also manage work productivity and quality. For the organisation - the end result of having high performing supervisors and leading hands is greater efficiency and a more profitable business. The skills to be a great supervisor or leading hand can be learnt the same way as learning a trade or other work skills – by training, guidance and practice.
- Understanding the transition from ‘worker’ to ‘supervisor’
- Managing work projects
- Developing high performing teams
- How to diagnose and address poor work performance
- What to do about personality clashes
- Using good quality feedback to motivate staff
- How to set a positive work culture
- How to set and keep work standards
- Managing change
- Understanding people management styles and knowing when to use them
- Getting the communication right
- Instructing learners
- Maintaining safe work conditions
Managing staff can be a difficult transition for a new Supervisor and this workshop will also look at skills to handle this position.
Presenter: Malcolm Eadie
Malcolm has extensive business experience having managed three businesses for other people and two of his own. His current business, Progressive Solutionz.biz, assists local companies with strategic planning, staff training, implementing safety systems and effective marketing. He is a mentor with Business Mentors NZ and an approved training provider with NZ Trade and Enterprise.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.