Supervisory Skiills and Managing Staff
Thursday 14 September and Thursday 21 September
Managing staff can be a difficult transition for a new Supervisor and this workshop will look at skills to handle this position.
This training will provide a sound grounding in the skills to manage the work team, and also manage work productivity and quality. For the organisation - the end result of having high performing supervisors and leading hands is greater efficiency and a more profitable business. The skills to be a great supervisor or leading hand can be learnt the same way as learning a trade or other work skills – by training, guidance and practice.
Training Objectives and Outcomes
- Understanding the transition from ‘worker’ to ‘supervisor’
- Managing work projects
- Developing high performing teams
- How to diagnose and address poor work performance
- What to do about personality clashes
- Using good quality feedback to motivate staff
- How to set a positive work culture
- How to set and keep work standards
- Managing change
- Understanding people management styles and knowing when to use them
- Getting the communication right
- Instructing learners
- Maintaining safe work conditions
This workshop is delivered face to face over 2 full days.
Presenter: Malcolm Eadie
Progressive Solutions Ltd
Malcolm has extensive business experience having managed three businesses for other people and two of his own. His current business, Progressive Solutionz.biz, assists local companies with strategic planning, staff training, implementing safety systems and effective marketing. He is a mentor with Business Mentors NZ and an approved training provider with NZ Trade and Enterprise.
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops and courses that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Enquire now.