Leadership Academy only available to Chamber members. Limited spots.
This exciting and new programme is made up of 6 workshops, held over 4 months and is designed to provide attendees with the opportunity to refine leadership skills, develop their leadership style and be empowered to lead others and contribute more to the success of their organisation and the wider business community.
Facilitated by Malcolm Eadie, Progressive Solutions Ltd, each two hour session features a presentation from an experienced local senior executive. You will have the opportunity to engage with the presenter and learn from their knowledge and experience.
Friday 26 February
Leading through change and growth
- Understanding the need for change
- Communicating during change
- Dynamics of change
- Phases of change
Friday 12 March
Leading in a Crisis
- The three levels of leadership
- The importance of trust
- Different types/levels of crisis
- Managing risk
Friday 26 March
- How to lead innovation
- The importance of the team
- Disrupt your own business before someone does it to you!
- Four types of innovation
Friday 9 April
Resilience in Leadership
- Face challenges with strength and grace
- Recognise and mitigate the effects of stress
- Respond appropriately and constructively
- Model resilient behaviour
Friday 23 April
Transforming a Business and empowering the team
- Transformation key steps
- Creating a consumer-centric business
- How to engage and empower the team and the role of planning
- Providing a strong and clear focus and a compelling vision
Friday 7 May
Art of Influence
- Distinguish between influencing and persuading
- Identify your own style
- Build credibility, brand, reputation and networks
- Understanding the "why".
Mix and Mingle with coffee at 8.45am