Essential Training for Health & Safety Representatives Stage 1 September 2017
This two day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative.
• Introduction to workplace health and safety
• Worker engagement and participation
• Good faith practices
• Functions of health and safety representatives
• Risk and hazard management
• Injury, illness and accident recording, reporting and investigation.
• Workplace health and safety culture
• Representatives’ wider roles: network and resources.
Learn how to:
• Effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
• Understand health and safety legal requirements
• Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
Who should attend
• Recently elected/appointed health and safety representatives
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with an interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
Helen’s background in human resources and adult teaching, combined with 15 years specialising in health and safety makes her a presenter in high demand. Delivering occupational Health and Safety through in-house training, and designing and implementing Health and Safety Management Systems, Helen currently works with a number of national organisations. Helen can design and implement effective health and safety systems and training to meet the needs of any organisation.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.