Essential Training for Health and Safety Reps Stage 1 July
This two-day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative.
You’ll learn about:
• How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
• Understand health and safety legal requirements
• Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
• Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
• The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
So you can:
• Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
• Understand worker engagement and participation
• Use good faith practices
• Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
• Employ effective risk and hazard management
• Promote workplace health and safety culture
• The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
• Greater worker engagement and participation
• A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
Who is this course for?
• Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 15 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house experience within both the public and private sector.
Helen is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, staff inductions and on-call support.
With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.