Effective Business Communication
Effective Business Writing
Effective written communication is vital for success in business. This one day course will show you how to create greater clarity in your business writing, so that your message is well received by others.
This practical course focuses on how to improve business correspondence such as letters and emails. Find out how to overcome common errors in writing, through techniques relating to spelling and proofreading. Discover how culture can influence business communication.
If you want to communicate with more clarity and impact, this is the course for you. Participants will receive a workbook to practise their communication skills, and have fun practising their new skills.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers, business owners, advisors and administrators. It will benefit any professional or office worker who wants to improve their business communication.
Learning Objectives include:
- Identify communication preferences
- Find out how culture can influence business communication
- Discover how to adjust the message to meet business requirements
- Discover how to overcome common errors in writing
- Demonstrate formal written skills that are clear and concise
- Learn to use business email professionally and effectively
- Choose most effective wording for writing
- Practise writing business letters, meeting agendas and reports
Presenter: Julia Shalcrass
Julia Shallcrass is an employment lawyer who specialises in legal education and consulting on contemporary workplace issues. As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers in-house training, public training and consulting on people management to help businesses create better workplaces.
Julia is a regular webinar presenter for CCH Learning, and delivers public courses through Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce. She has lectured in Human Resources, Business Ethics and Business Communication for tertiary institutions. Julia is an employment columnist for NZ Herald.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.