This course looks at the requirements for PCBUs (persons conducting a business or undertaking) who are sharing a workplace with other businesses or are working as part of a contracting chain.
- How do you meet your duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act?
- What are your contractual obligations when working with other PCBUs?
- You must consult, cooperate and coordinate with other PCBUs when working in a shared workplace or as part of a contracting chain.
- You can’t contract out of health and safety duties.
- Understand the key components of contractor management under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Recognise Health and Safety obligations PCBU's have when contracting out services.
- Grasp considerations a PCBU must take when engaging and managing contractors.
- Prepare a contract that includes Health and Safety considerations.
- Conduct a review of a contractor's Health and Safety performance.
Health and Safety Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
Helen has extensive health and safety experience, including over 20 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house experience within both the public and private sector.
Helen is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, staff inductions and on-call support.
With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Enquire now.