Advanced training for Health & Safety Reps Stage 2
This two-day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative.
You’ll learn about:
• How to further skills to effectively perform in a workplace health and safety role
• Discharging duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
• Health and Safety Regulations and guidance material
• How to identify risks and hazards - and control them
• Accident causation models
• Investigative techniques
• Using accident data to identify trends
• Conducting an internal self - assessment or audits
So you can:
• Carry out moderate level accident investigation and causation with confidence
• Gather and interpret accident and injury data
• Carry out an internal audit or self-assessment on your health and safety management systems
• Use accident/incident trend analysis to reduce harm in the workplace
• Manage hazards - control of specific hazards using codes of practice and guidelines.
• A deeper understanding of the importance health and safety within the workplace
• A more active health and safety role within your organisation
• Robust investigation techniques
Who is this course for?
• Health and safety representatives who have completed Stage 1 of the training
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with an interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 15 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house experience within both the public and private sector.
Helen is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, staff inductions and on-call support.
With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Enquire now.