Advanced training for Health and Safety Stage 3
This two-day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative. This advanced training course reviews the role of the representative and builds on the skills, knowledge and competences developed in the Advanced Training for Health and Safety Representatives (Stage 2).
Deepen and broaden your skills as a health and safety representative. Also build your skills in fostering positive health and safety management practices.
You'll learn about:
• Deepen and broaden your skills as a health and safety representative
• Build your skills in fostering positive health and safety management practices
• The cost of workplace injury and illness
• Workplace productivity
• Supporting injured workers
So you can:
• Measure what matters in health and safety
• With the use of a Case study you will:
– Plan improvements and prepare recommendations
– Present recommendations
– Provide support for injured workers
– Look at vocational rehabilitation
• Increased productivity
• Lower absenteeism
• Better resolutions to workplace incidents
Who is this course for?
• Health and safety representatives who have completed Stage 2 of the training
• Health and safety committee members
Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 15 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house experience within both the public and private sector.
Helen is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, staff inductions and on-call support.
With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.