Advanced Training for Health and Safety Representatives Stage 2 October
This advanced training course reviews the role of the representative and builds on the skills, knowledge and competencies developed in the Essential Training for Health and Safety Representatives Stage 1.
This two day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative.
• Revision of Stage 1 Health and Safety Representative Training
• Gathering and interpreting accident and Injury data
• Health and safety management systems - internal audit or self-assessment
• Hazard identification - body mapping
• Hazard management control of specific hazards using codes of practice and guidelines
Learn how to
• Develop skills to effectively perform in a workplace health and safety role
• Discharge duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
• Understand the Health and Safety Regulations and guidance material
• Identify risks and hazards - and control them
• Use accident data to identify trends
• Conduct internal self - assessment or audits in order to prevent injuries
Who should attend
• Health and Safety representatives who have completed Stage 1
• Health and Safety committee members and managers/owners of businesses who are responsible for workplace health and safety.
• Others with an interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety.
Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce
Helen’s background in human resources and adult teaching, combined with 15 years specialising in health and safety makes her a presenter in high demand. Delivering occupational Health and Safety through in-house training, and designing and implementing Health and Safety Management Systems, Helen currently works with a number of national organisations. Helen can design and implement effective health and safety systems and training to meet the needs of any organisation.
You may be eligible for 50% NZTE funding. Please enquire.