The South Canterbury Chamber of Commerce was pleased to facilitate a workshop at PrimePort with the Chief Executive of PEPANZ (Petroleum Exploration & Production Association of New Zealand) Cameron Madgwick and the Chief Executive of the New Zealand Oil & Gas Association Andrew Jefferies.
This informative workshop covered topics including:
• An introduction to the oil and gas sector
• Which oil and gas companies are active in and around Canterbury, what are they doing and why?
• What are the potential economic benefits to the Canterbury region from oil and gas activity?
• What are the risks of oil and gas activity in the Canterbury region?
• What are the opportunities for Chamber members to participate in oil and gas activity in the region?